Do you find yourself sprinting through the day from the moment you wake up, racing to get everything done and still feeling as if there are not enough hours in the day?
You’re not alone. And, there’s a certain irony to this modern lifestyle - the busier we are, the less time we feel we have and the best way to “find” time is actually by doing less and slowing down.
Would you like more time and less stress? Join us this month for our newest Holistic Living Challenge: Simplify Your Life.
Take the challenge and share your experience for a chance to win great prizes from holistic companies that will further support you on your holistic living journey!
Here are the details:
Challenge: Simplify Your Life.
Directions: Simplifying your life is largely about identifying what’s truly important and eliminating what’s not. Try to be conscientious of this concept on a daily basis, regularly stopping to ask yourself, “is this important?”
Here are some ideas and resources to put this concept into action:
- Purge clutter. Start with one room or even one closet or cupboard. If you don’t use it, need it, or love it, consider getting rid of it. Check out unclutterer.com for tips, advice, and daily uncluttering inspiration.
- Try a little minimalism. A minimalist house only contains absolute necessities, and not much else. Minimalist houses are calming spaces with less to clean and care for.
- Buy less stuff and go for quality, not quantity. Not only does this help simplify your life, it’s also far more sustainable for our planet. As Elizabeth Ann Seton said, “Live simply that others might simply live.”
- Create schedules and routines. Organized systems of living create efficiency and efficiency means you’re spending less thought and time navigating the demands of everyday.
- Automate. Simplify bill paying by setting up auto-payments connected to your bank account. Simplify e-mail by setting up inbox filters that automatically organize incoming mail. Use technology. Automate.
- Evaluate your commitments and learn to say no.
- Read Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Things That Really Matter by Elaine St. James
- Connect with your local Holistic Moms Network chapter! Not a member? Sign-up today!
Share your experience for a chance to win great prizes!