For this month's Holistic Living Challenge we challenge you to learn something new to live more naturally! No matter where you are on your holistic living journey, there are opportunities to incorporate a new practice into your lifestyle whether it's learning how to make non-toxic cleaners at home, planting an organic garden, or starting a compost pile. So for February we encourage you to make a conscious effort to tackle something new and share your experience for a chance to win great prizes from holistic companies that will further support you on your journey!
Here are the details:
Challenge: Learn something new to live more naturally. Mix-up your own non-toxic cleaner. Try cloth diapering. Make a DIY home remedy. Try to avoid plastic for the month. Grow a windowsill herb garden. The choices are endless and totally up to you. You can tackle something big or ease into something small. Learn one thing a day, one thing a week, or one thing for the month. Cater the challenge to your life - just make sure you try to choose something really new to you to benefit most from the challenge.
How to Get Started:
- Make a plan. What would you like to try? Will you try multiple things? Map it out and set some goals for yourself. (If your kids are older, get them involved! What would they like to try?)
- Research your idea to see if you need any special supplies and stock up on whatever you’ll need for the month.
- Take it one day at a time (and celebrate every success).
- Record your experience. Was it easier or harder than you thought? Were you pleased with the outcome? Share your experience for a chance to win great prizes!
Tips & Tools:
- Join the weekly #HolisticMoms Twitter Parties on Tuesdays at 10 EST/7 PST to learn more and get inspired!
- Join our Facebook chat (details to come!)
- Connect with your local Holistic Moms Network chapter to learn what other moms are trying and get tips for your challenge.
- Read about little changes that matter on the HMN blog.
Congratulations to our January Prize Winners: Michele B. (Mountain Valley Spring Water), Anne J. (Fyrefly Organic Herbal Teas), Brittany L. (Holistic Moms Many Paths Cookbook), and Sherry S. (Holistic Moms Membership)!